What are you eating on Super Bowl Sunday? My answer is (usually) a lot.
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Cream cheese (sounds unusual, but totally delicious)
- Greek yogurt (adds that extra creaminess!)
- Garlic (because everything is better with it)
It is easy to assemble (all in one bowl), pop it in the oven and you have your warm and creamy dip in 25 minutes! I know cream cheese sounds a little unusual but you won’t taste any cream cheese flavor (I promise!); it will just add creaminess.
This dip will fit nicely in an 8×8 or 9×9 but I got a really awesome Le Creuset stoneware dish (1.75 qt) for Christmas that I really really really wanted to bake something in. It’s a really pretty blue color so it looks nice (it really does!) and it is heavy so it keeps food hot longer. It’s amazing and I love it! – thanks Ro and Nancy!
What a beaut, right? Most of my kitchen stuff is hand-me-down or picked up at garage sales – so I really wanted to flaunt my fancy new baking dish! 🙂
But most importantly is the warm, cheesy, creamy and veggie-filled dip that was made in the pretty dish! Just another delicious way to get more vegetables in your diet!
Recipe: Spinach and Broccoli Artichoke Dip
Yield: About 3 and 1/2 cups
- 8oz of cream cheese, softened*
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 package (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup of broccoli, chopped small
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan- reserve a handful to melt on top
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided – ¼ cup reserved to sprinkle and melt on top
- salt, to taste
- sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl stir the softened cream cheese and Greek yogurt together until smooth. Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix together. Spoon into 8×8 or 9 inch pie plate or oven safe dish. Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove and sprinkle the reserved cheese on top and bake for another 2-3 minutes just until cheese is melted.
Serve warm with pita chips, pretzels, crackers or veggies.
*If you want to soften the cream cheese quickly, place the fully unwrapped cream cheese in a microwave safe dish and microwave it for ~15 seconds.