How about an apple and some tuna for lunch?
How about we put them together. On a sandwich. With some spice. Yum!
I’m constantly on the look out for new lunch recipes. I ALWAYS bring my lunch to work because I hate buying lunch. It’s expensive, usually less healthy and I’m super indecisive, so it takes me forever to decide where to buy lunch. But mostly, I am cheap and buying lunch is not. In the past year, I have bought lunch at work 3 times. THREE times. Yeah, I’m wicked frugal. So this is a great salad/sandwich to add to your lunch rotation!
What else is so great about this Curried apple tuna salad? It is delicious and healthy and perfect for using up some of those apples you still have. Also, it is so full of flavor, you won’t realize it is healthy. Really. And this is no wussy salad – it is FULL of protein. Tuna and Greek yogurt pack a pretty good protein punch that will make sure your tummy stays full at least until your 3pm chocolate break. Wait, you don’t have a 3pm chocolate break? What?! Well, you should. Bonus: it is SUPER easy to whip up! 1 step. There is only 1 step to make this salad.
What is in this salad?
1. Tuna (I use chunk light, packed in water)
2. Plain Greek yogurt
4. Dijon mustard
5. Curry powder
6. Crunchy veggie of your choice
This is another recipe for you MAYO HATERS>>> There is NO mayo in this tuna salad!
Mmmm. Delicious in a Dash. Seriously fast and scrumptious!
- 5oz canned tuna, drained (I like chunk-light tuna packed in water)
- 1/2 of a medium sized apple, chopped (I like crunchy, slightly tart apples)
- 3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 3/4 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder (depending on your taste)
- 1/2 cup of your veggie of choice, chopped (I really like celery because it adds a nice crunch. I used cucumber because that is what I had in the house – but I recommend celery)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients and stir until combined.
Serve on your favorite bread, lined with spinach leaves or lettuce or just eat it right from the bowl!